Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

Merry Christmas

Oh where, oh where have I been???

I dropped off the face of the earth for a while... or so it seems. I was pretty sick for a bit. Started with an upper respiratory infection, which ended up getting me a chest x-ray, EKG, stress test, blood work, gall bladder sonogram, upper GI and sleep test. The x-ray showed no fluid. The EKG was normal. Gall Bladder sonogram was clear. Upper GI showed severe acid reflux. Still waiting on the sleep study and blood work results, but assuming all is normal since they haven't called to tell me to head to my nearest ER. I'm still having sporadic chest pressure but overall am feeling MUCH better than a month ago.

As the year comes to an end I have found myself being more thankful for all the blessings that I have. On my drive to work this past Tuesday, it was SO cold. I believe the temperature was 11. I was thinking about how cold I was, and then remembered that my co-workers and I were going after lunch to buy gifts for children in need for Christmas. These kids live in less than desirable conditions and have parents that don't provide for them. I am so thankful that my husband and I are able to have a home and can pay to have power, water and luxuries to make our living comfortable.

I am thankful that my husband and I have jobs and insurance. That our family is safe and healthy. I am thankful that my husband has remained safe in his work.

I am thankful that God has led me to the children's ministry at my church. In February, I started leading one of the Sunday morning girls small group classes on alternating months. In September, I started leading the Wednesday night KidServe class that focuses on mission work.

I am thankful for the friends that I have and have become closer to over the past year.

I am thankful for the talent I have been given to create designs for that people enjoy. I am grateful that I have met many people who I have been able to create designs for.

Most of all I am thankful that God has put obstacles and trials in my life to lead me closer to Him and show me all that He has created and given to me.

Merry Christmas to ALL!! I wish you all blessings and trials in the New Year!

Love and Best Wishes <3

No comments:

Post a Comment