Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Peace, Wishes and BUNCO

Today I had the opportunity to meet with the family of wish child Zoe. She and her family just found out yesterday that she is done with treatment for pediatric kidney cancer. What a great reward for being so brave and strong during treatment - celebrating with telling the Make-A-Wish Foundation that her wish is to go on a Disney Cruise. She is such a precious girl. It's visits like these that trully drive home the purpose of my job.

My wish visit was also capped off with the company of a good friend - Shonda. I haven't seen her in a while and it was great to catch up. I also got to see  baby Lucas - hoping that next time he's awake so that we can play!! We came up with a name for our BUNCO group and hope to recruit some new members to jump back in for the fall. Stateline Wine & Dine Bunco... LOVE IT!! LOL We're looking to add 4-8 more members to our group. If your interested or want more information you can email me or check out our Facebook group.

Talking about BUNCO made me remember that I wanted to plan a fundraiser for the Make-A-Wish Foundation of South Carolina. I'm looking at the beginning of October in Fort Mill. I need help in planning, securing sponsors, auction items and a location. Ideas and volunteers are welcome.

Next on my to do list today was visiting the Hoover's. :-) I got the sketch of Brinlie's Butterfly Flower Garden completes. Tomorrow I'm going back to paint the base colors.  Hoping to have her room complete before baby Bayla arrives. We're going to add some sparkle and shine with pearls and rhinestones (and maybe some glitter). Pictures to come. I took some of the sketch today and will post the progress shots when the mural is complete.

When I got home from sketching I had to bail on BFF Lori for our walking date. I came down with a fever and chills. Sickness is not an option so I'll be heading to bed here shortly. Need to get some rest so that I don't wind up bed-ridden all week.

Got to go get my children's church lesson ready for tomorrow. August's virtue is "Peace."
Romans 14:19     "So let us do all we can to live in peace. And let us work hard to build each other up."

Love and Best Wishes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment