Pages

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another waste of time

Yesterday I had a media appearance that I arranged with a local morning tv show. When I arrived, they had me down to speak about the wrong event. Here's how it went...

Myself and my intern were hanging out in the break room with the other guests. One of the assistants came in and asked if I was from the Queen City Shootout. I responded, "no," becuase I was there to talk about the Bag Ladies Luncheon. (The difference in these events is HUGE! One is to play poker, one is for designer handbags; one is an event being put on by someone for us, one is being put on my our office; one is targeted towards men, the other women. The only common factor that I can actually see is that the ultimate goal of both is to raise money for make a wish.)

I started to panic.

She said that the other person was probably late. WHEW!!

So we continued to wait. About 15 minutes later the girl came back. Asked if I was me, said that I was there to talk about the poker tournament and said that I had 15 seconds to get on set. TOTAL PANIC.

I get on set and sit down right as the anchor began to speak. CAMERAS ON. The questions about this event I know hardly anything about began. I was able to spin what I was saying only so much. I didn't even know the basic details... time, cost. OMG. Apparently my distress was clear and the questions turned to general Make-A-Wish questions. RELIEF... until cost of attendees... great :-\

The good news out of all of that (yes there is some) - I get to go back and talk about the event I thought I had scheduled myself to talk about. Hopefully we'll still be able to get some ticket sales to the June 4th Bag Ladies Luncheon. If not, well, I guess I got to talk about Make-A-Wish and how many kids need our help.


On the upside of the day... my hubby made dinner for the second night in a row!! YAY. You rock!! Low-country boil yesterday, chicken alfredo today. Looking forward to a great weekend with friends. Starting the celebration on Thursday with mani/pedi's with Katie and Ashley. Then Katie and Chris's wedding weekend starts Friday. It's going to be a beautiful wedding and I can't wait to see them finally tie the knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment