Pages

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Children's Ministry Passport to Adventure

Although I have said that I need to stop volunteering, I am VERY excited about my new role in the Children's Ministry at Carolinas Cornerstone. The program already has great bones - it's all about service and teaching children about mission work through Christian purpose. I am developing a study called "Passport to Adventure: Journey with Jesus."

At the beginning of each month the kids will get a "boarding pass" that tells them where they will be traveling that month.

They will learn about different needs around the world and in our community and participate in service projects that demonstrate their understanding of those issues.

And they will learn to pray for those in need.

Our first month we will be focusing on South Carolina and the World Hunger Relief project. We will move onto India in October.

I think this opportunity is going to be great for me to share my experience in volunteerism with the kids while learning more about the how to implement them through mission work. A GREAT Adventure for all!!

1 comment:

  1. I found a couple of GREAT, AWESOME Bible verses to go along with this ministry!!!

    "Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
    Proverbs 22:6 ESV

    "Then little children were brought to Him that He might put His hands on them and pray, but the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Let the little children come to Me,
    and do not forbid them;
    for of such is the kingdom of heaven."
    Matthew 19:13-14

    ReplyDelete