Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Painting frenzy

This week I finished a beautiful nursery mural for a wonderful new friend. I'm so glad that Ashley introduced me to Kellie. Not only did I get to be in my "happy place" while painting the nursery, I also gained a new friend and created a magical a lasting piece of art for new baby Bayla. In a few weeks I'm going to add a paiting in Brinlie's room too! She loved the baby's room so much that it seems unfair not to give her a little art of her own. Kellie shared a few stories with me about B in the baby's room. She would pet the zebra saying, "good boy," and wanted to hang from the tree with the monkeys!! How stinking cute is that. (pictures posted separately)

We decided to add some girlie elements to the animals - painted toenails and a flower for the zebra, a pearl neckalce for the giraffe and pearl earrings and hairbows for the monkeys. Hopefully we'll be able to find some coordinating ribbon to be added to the monkeys and the giraffe's tail, but other than that the mural turned out better than expected. I might sneak in and "carve" Bayla's monogram on the tree while I'm working on Brinlie's butterflies!! :)

We're also looking to do some bathroom artwork too! A la "under the sea." Cute ocean animals - maybe some fish, octopus; we'll have to see what fabric Kellie comes up with.

Also in the works is Mason's big boy room!! This is bittersweet. I drew the boat mural for big brother Cole back in 2006. I can't believe they are getting so big. I was scheduled to go back and finish paiting, but Jodi got nervous about the possibility of having Cole early and decided to paint herself. While there's no pregnancy to rush the process this time, I'm going to make sure mommy doesn't sneak in and finish the project so that she has something to look forward to. Mason's new mural is going to be Toy Story themed. Woody, Buzz, Hammy, Mr. Potato Head and some aliens.

Good thing I LOVE painting. I keep telling hubby that this is what I should do as my job. It doesn't really take any thinking, just focus. And when you're done, you're done. He tells me that it isn't something that I could do full time. Lots of reasons... but mainly I'll get bored. He's right. I can never have just one thing going on.

In the spirit of staying consistent, I'm going to attempt to finish paiting my laundry room tomorrow and tape the bathroom for stripes. If anyone knows where I can buy IdeaPaint, please let me know. I saw an advertisement on the Lowe's website, but when I went to the store in Lake Wylie, it was not a product they carry. I really want to paint some dry-erase stripes in the spare room... and at work. It's hard to do when you can't find the product that's needed!!! We'll get it done somehow.

Love and Best Wishes!!
Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment