Pages

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Can't never could

I had a wonderful thought today; although my husband thinks I'm damaged because of it, my mother famously professed one of the most profound statements to shape my life, "Your best isn't good enough." While this sounds harsh, it really goes back to the old saying, "can't never could." Basically, stop whining and always give your all. Had I heeded this advice I could have ended up being a successful engineer. Instead I am a successful marketing professional. I enjoy my graphic design, doing creative artsy projects and planning events.

Today, I was told that one person couldn't take on a specific project alone and be successful. Because of my mother's tough love, I have always been one to buck when I've been told I can't do something. I CAN do anything that I decide to do. And because my best isn't good enough, I will give it my all and ask for help when I need it to be the most successful that I can be within reason. Even though I often see and find faults in the work that I do, other poeple think that I have done more than expected.

What is the point to this? I guess part of the reason I can't stop volunteering is because without do-ers, can't never could and won't never will. I can and will.

This Friday is the Bag Ladies Luncheon for Make-A-Wish at the Westin. Charlotte Tickets are still on sale at http://bagladiesluncheon.kintera.org. FOX News Rising did a great segment on the event this morning.

Also on Friday, Coupon Mama class for YCSO spouses - learning how to save money on a cop's salary.

RESCHEDULED FOR JULY 17th!!!!I am hosting a Thirty-One party at my house. Email me for details or the link if you want to buy items online. lisamoseley@live.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment